17 Sept 2018
Miscellaneous Canadian and Latin American AD/CV Actions on Mainland Chinese Products
Mexico Begins Anti-Circumvention Review of AD Duty Order on Ammonium Sulphate
Mexico’s Ministry of Economy has launched an anti-circumvention review of the antidumping duty order on ammonium sulphate classified under HTSMX 3102.20.01 from mainland China. Specifically, the review will seek to determine whether certain mixtures of ammonium sulphate and other salts or nutrients that are also used as fertilizers, such as potassium chloride, monoammonium phosphate, diammonium phosphate or other sources of potassium and phosphorous, classified under HTSMX 3105.90.99, are circumventing the AD duty order on subject merchandise. Interested parties have 28 business days from 13 September to submit any information related to this proceeding.
Canada Considers Sunset Review of AD/CV Duty Orders on Thermoelectric Containers
The Canadian International Trade Tribunal is seeking comments from interested parties by 5 October on whether it should initiate an expiry review of the AD and CV duty orders on mainland Chinese thermoelectric containers that provide cooling and/or warming with the use of a passive heat sink and a thermoelectric module, excluding liquid dispensers, classified under HTSCA 8418.61.0000, 8418.50.1000, 8418.50.2900, 8418.69.9090 and 8418.99.9090. The CITT will only initiate a review if it determines that there is sufficient information for such a review to be performed. If a review is not initiated, the orders will be allowed to expire as scheduled on 8 December.
Submissions may address such issues as the likelihood of continued or resumed dumping and subsidising of the goods, the likely volume and price ranges of dumped and subsidised imports if dumping and subsidising were to continue or resume, the domestic industry’s recent performance, including trends in production, sales, market share, domestic prices, costs and profits, and the likelihood of injury to the domestic industry if the orders were allowed to expire. The CITT will issue a decision on 30 October on whether an expiry review is warranted.
Canada Begins Scope Reviews of AD/CV Duty Orders on Fabricated Steel Components
The Canada Border Services Agency has initiated a scope proceeding to determine whether modules are subject to the AD and CV duty orders on certain mainland Chinese fabricated industrial steel components classified under HTSCA 7216.99.0010, 7216.99.0020, 7216.99.0030, 7216.99.0091, 7216.99.0099, 7301.20.0010, 7301.20.0020, 7308.40.0000, 7308.90.0060, 7308.90.0096, 7308.90.0099, 7326.90.9090, 8421.99.9090, 8428.31.0000, 8428.32.0000, 8428.33.0000, 8428.39.0030, 8428.39.0041, 8428.39.0049, 8428.39.0080 and 8428.39.0090. The CBSA is expected to issue a final determination by 4 January 2019.
Mexico Issues List of AD duty Orders Scheduled to Expire in Coming Months
Mexico has announced that the AD duty orders on the following mainland Chinese products are scheduled to expire in the coming months.
- certain seamless steel pipe classified under HTSMX 7304.19.01, 7304.19.04, 7304.19.99, 7304.31.01, 7304.31.10, 7304.31.99, 7304.39.01, 7304.39.05 and 7304.39.99 (14 November 2018 deadline for renewal requests)
- ceramic tableware and kitchenware classified under HTSMX 6911.10.01 and 6912.00.01 (21 November 2018 deadline for renewal requests)
- plastic atomisers classified under HTSMX 9616.10.01 (12 March 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- raschel-type synthetic fibre blankets classified under HTSMX 6301.40.01 and 9404.90.99 (16 April 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- pencils classified under HTSMX 9609.10.01 (16 April 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- sodium hexameta-phosphate classified under HTSMX 2835.39.02 (28 June 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- carbon steel connections for welding classified under HTSMX 7307.93.01 (28 June 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- galvanised carbon steel wire cloth and mesh, of square construction, classified under HTSMX 7314.19.02, 7314.19.03 and 7314.31.01 (3 September 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- certain flat-rolled steel products classified under HTSMX 7208.51.01, 7208.51.02, 7208.51.03, 7208.52.01, 7225.40.01 and 7225.40.02 (6 September 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- concrete steel nails classified under HTSMX 7317.00.99 (24 October 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- household and commercial blenders classified under HTSMX 8509.40.01 (1 November 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
- steel cables classified under HTSMX 7312.10.01, 7312.10.05, 7312.10.07 and 7312.10.99 (8 November 2019 deadline for renewal requests)
Argentina Announces Scheduled Expiration of AD Duty Orders on Two Products
Argentina is informing interested parties of the expiration within the next six months of the AD duty orders on the following products from mainland China.
- poly(ethylene terephthalate) in granules, with an intrinsic viscosity of 0.70 or more but not more than 0.88 decilitres per gram, classified under NCM 3907.60.00 (October 2018)
- conveyor belts of vulcanised rubber reinforced only with textile materials, with a width of at least 300 millimetres, classified under NCM 4010.12.00 (November 2018)
Parties seeking a sunset review were required to submit a request at least three months prior to the date of expiration of the applicable AD duty order.